1. We make a living. We don't just make art.
2. We plan for success. We don't dream of success.
3. We get paid 100%, upfront. We don't discount our art.
4. Our “product” is emotion. We don't make goods or offer services.
5. We inspire. We don’t use sleazy sales tactics.
6. We don’t compete with other artists. we are part of a supportive savvy community.
7. We know our niche. We don't enter art contests or work for free.
8. We build businesses. We don’t build art careers.
The MAKING Art Making MONEY Semester
These artists were competing. Now they're creating.
Kate used to compete to show her portraits paintings.
Now she's on a mission to help children feel unconditional love.
By getting to know a child and expressing their individuality in their portrait, she helps parents celebrate a fleeting childhood.
Colleen used to compete to show her eco-art.
Now she's on a mission to remind us that we, like the earth, are fragile.
By sewing together discarded fragments of words and images into treasures of hope, she reminds us to care for our environment and ourselves.
Anne used to compete to show her figurative paintings.
Now she's on a mission to help people unblock their emotions.
By using hypnosis to conduct a past life regression, clearing the emotional block, then creating a portrait of them in that former life.
Jenny used to compete to show her mixed-media paintings.
Now she's on a mission to help people express their love.
By using someone's "love list" to inspire art, she helps people express their love to another so that each of them can really feel it.
Want to Make Art And Make A Good Living?"Traditional business plans do not work for artists.
Why? Because we sell emotions."
Get Your Free One-Page Plan Now
- Get The One Page Plan I Used to Sell $103,246 of My Art My First Year as Full-Time Artist
(Without Feeling Like a Sell Out)
(We respect your privacy and we will never share your email address.)
Enter Your Name and Email Below
Sign up now and you'll receive weekly tips, inspiration, and strategies.
Join the Artists Who THRIVE Community
Irina Cumberland (Painter) San Francisco
The Semester is so great! I have this feeling that I have a place where I can always find some help and support. I found my best online friend there.
Laura Philips (Artist) Dallas
I will tell you the shift from being defensive about my work, is an absolute load off of my shoulders.
Santiago (fine art illustrator) Las Vegas
After years of frustration, finally speaking to someone that totally 'gets it' on so many levels almost had me in tears of joy.
Daneil Barrett (music producer) Austin
I am shocked by how good it has been for my art to define a target audience. There's a clarity and freedom.
So fun! So freeing. So clear.