Just yesterday I was a live audience participant at the San Francisco studios of Creative LIVE attending Kare Anderson’s class, “Find The Right Partners to Grow Your Business.”
Why? My experience of strategic partnerships has been very very mixed so I decided to invest a couple days to work “on my business” versus “in my business” a la advice from eMyth by Michael Gerber.
Strategic partnerships can be a great way to help artists sell their art and now that the pilot course for MAKING Art Making MONEY is complete, I’m developing strategic partnerships to help inspire more Artists Who THRIVE.
Kare suggested that we write a manifesto or a credo.
I realized that my manifesto for Artists Who THRIVE was way too long and rambling so I drafted of a more concise credo while I was in class.
I’ve drafted this credo to inspire YOU.
So please tell me if it does. And please share what you think and how it makes you feel.
- Artists Who THRIVE destroy the starving artist myth.
- Artists Who THRIVE know that they are not going to be discovered and no one is coming to save them.
- Artists Who THRIVE know that “its not all about you, its about them. Make it about them, and then it will be about you.”
- Artists Who THRIVE know that they don’t have a career, they run a business.
- Artists Who THRIVE know who they are and what they stand for. They are on a heart felt mission.
- Artists Who THRIVE secure their creative freedom through business savvy.
- Artists Who THRIVE know that relationships equals revenue.
- Artists Who THRIVE don’t sell art; they create value above and beyond their art.
Action Step. Which of these statements really resonates with you? What’s your credo?
Why? Please share your point of view below.